Dependencies for Sourcecode.Workflow.Client used in VS

• 9 January 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi all.

I have an windows application referencing the client api (Workflow.Client.dll) and quering succesfully some K2 Server (Build 803), but it gives an error ("Invalid Archive Type") quering another Server build on 807. This happens when I try to Impersonate or when I try to Action.Execute on given workitems.

And that happens using the Sourcecode.Workflow.Client.dll coming with Build 0803 (In resume fails the autentication or the action agains newer server)

Of course I downloaded the  Sourcecode.Workflow.Client.dll from Build 0807 (which should be the recommended approach) but as soon as it's referenced it gives a "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found" exception. Meaning (possible) that more dlls are required (was not the case with the previous version of the DLL.

Can someone please help me with this. I mean, this should very straigh forward: If you have Build 0807, it's possible for you just to create a quick Windows APP referencing the Sourcecode.Workflow.Client.dll? and try to get your workitems? Or at least can someone tell me the dependencies of this renewed Client API?

Regards

1 reply

Badge +4

Not too sure why you are experiencing that issue, but I have referenced the Workflow.Client DLL in a Web Application and it worked perfectly.

Perhaps reboot the machine so that any DLLs in memory can be destroyed. Also make sure that you have applied the 0807 installer to all environments i.e. authoring client machines, K2 server, etc.

Hope you come right.