Solved

Responsive form O365 - Import Export JSON files

Ive created a new responsive form in my O365 environment and now I want to move it to a new site collection in 365 however when exporting it exports as a JSON file extension and when I try to import into the list in the other site collection theres no option for a JSON file import.

Ive been searching for a while and haven't found any resources on this.  Could someone please give me some advice on this or point me to another post/info as I'm stuck.

Ive also tried migrating it with the latest version of ShareGate and it doesn't seem to bring it across.

icon

Best answer by SimonMuntz 7 May 2020, 02:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

New Responsive forms do export as JSON so this is expected.
In the new environment make sure you open the New Responsive form designer before clicking the import button.
If you try to import when selecting the classic or responsive designer it will not work.
Badge +6

Hello, glad you were able to get your forms working.  However I'm wondering if you were able to copy the list with ShareGate.  I copied the list then imported the JSON definition then published the form - was looking good.  Unfortunately when I click 'New' to open a new form an error appears: Unable to find the default new form for list .....

Badge +6
actually just worked it out... copy options in Sharegate
1. Export JSON Definition for the template/source form
2. Install Nintex App on destination site
3. Copy the list with ShareGate but ensure the customised list forms, custom permissions, list content and web parts options are unchecked in Copy Options
4. Open the New Responsive Designer on the destination list and import the JSON definition