Solved

Removing linked workflow tasks when workflow is terminated

• 10 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

Hi guys, 

I cannot find much information on this, but I would expect that when a workflow instance is terminated (manually or by a workflow), all workflow tasks that relate to the instance, are removed as well. 

I notice in my current O365 environment that this is not the case, can someone confirm this? 

So to my understanding I would need to "workaround" this by deleting all workflow tasks by using e.g. a different workflow...

Thanks, 

Glenda

icon

Best answer by callum 11 October 2018, 06:29

View original

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi Glenda,

This was the case with Nintex for SharePoint, which uses the SharePoint 2010 Workflow engine, however Nintex for Office 365 uses the SharePoint 2013 Workflow engine, and unfortunately the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Engine does not perform these tasks on termination of a workflow. This would be true for any Nintex workflows, or SharePoint Designer/Visual Studio workflows that are created as well.

Callum

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Glenda Segers‌,

I'm with you that this functionality is defintely needed.  A request for this has been entered in the Nintex User Voice and you can vote for it.

End/terminate workflow should cleanup and delete any tasks

Badge +8

Callum, Eric, 

Thanks for your replies. 

I've implemented a workaround to take care of it and added my votes on UserVoice. 

Glenda

Badge +1

Can you please explain the work-around? @glenda