Solved

Removing Old workflows - Deleted Association

• 5 June 2016
  • 8 replies

Badge +9

Hi, I'm seeing the issues of old workflows I've deleted from everywhere I know but are showing up now under Deleted Association. As shown in the screen there is no trace of any workflow associated with this list from the UI or any I used on this list in SPD.

Anyone know where else I can look to remove these?

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

icon

Best answer by Warwick 20 June 2016, 02:13

View original

8 replies

Badge +9

Followed this but it wasn't there - How to delete a workflow in Nintex Workflow for O365

Followed this but it wasn't there - How to remove or block a Workflow on Office 365

This I couldn't even make sense of - Remove Nintex workflow/form versions in Office365

Badge +8

Hello,

that is a good question. Unfortunately I haven't an answer.

I assume there is no easy way to get rid of that entries (If it is possible).

Have you tried to delete the Workflow history?

Regards

Oliver

Badge +9

In the end I won't be able to provide an answer for this one as I ended up just deleting everything and starting again (using exports of workflows). If I can ever replicate it, I'll provide an update.

I suspect it may have been caused by some of the lists being migrated using Sharegate from SP2010.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I am having this same issue! Can't sort it either and the deleted association workflows are continuing to run and muck up new workflows I've created. Huge headache to deal with!

Badge +9

Try contacting support, I couldn't wait for support for I just deleted the whole site and started again (exporting workflows) but they may be able to help if you have the time to wait

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I just had this problem as well and contacted Nintex Support.  Here is what they told me:

This is a known issue with 2 possibility of the root cause

1. Please check other workflow on the list (if any) to make sure that all the workflow has a Start Option from Workflow Setting (see image attached). If all the workflows has the start option, then it related with Microsoft issue that lead us to possibility no 2. 
  2. Most likely the issue down to a problem with the workflow publishing location associated to the specific site library. Workflow definitions are normally stored in a hidden folder called "wfsvc". This issue creates another folder called "wfsvc1" and puts the workflow there - Microsoft should be able to move the workflows from the wfsvc1 hidden folder to the wfscv hidden folder then remove the wfsvs1 folder.

If the issue related with Microsoft, we recommend that you open a ticket with Microsoft to assist with this case as we cannot directly access the published locations. 

For option 1, I believe this means that if you have any list workflow that does not have one of the three start options enabled, it can cause this problem.  I'm waiting on a response for them to confirm my understanding here.  But in my case, I verified that all of the workflows in my site have at least one start option selected.  So I'm about to call Microsoft support to address option 2.

Regards,

Tom Castiglia

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

As for option 1, at least in my case, someone had deleted the workflow from the list while it was running, so there was no start option selected nor the ability to do so since the workflow was deleted.

Interested in whether or not Option 2 pans out for you though!

Badge +3

Hey Tom, I know your latest update on this issue was awhile ago, but any luck when contacting MS Support re: Option 2 listed above? Running into the same issue.