I would like to add a "Today date" column to be able to show a deviation between the deadline of a task and today date. This should be refreshed daily to be able to monitor our system, but I couldn't find a solution so far. As I know [Today]function isn't refreshing and cannot be used by calculated columns so I started a workflow with adding the following functions and updating the list item I created but I don't know how to repeat the workflow exactly to be able to refresh daily:
Thank you in advance!
I don't know how your workflow is constructed. If it is ran once, when the item is created/ modified then you have no option to update value daily.
To achieve what you are talking about you should use site workflow. Unfortunately there is no "scheduling" yet for O365 Site Workflows (so you cannot schedule it to run once a day), but you can create a site workflow with a loop and pause action (pause for 1 day). That way you will have always running workflow, executing its actions only once a day.
Thanks for all of your comments! Unfortunately we don't have the site workflow feature currently, so I had to solve otherwise. I will check this Plumsail add-on later because it sounds interesting.
Anyway I could solve the issue with the following steps:
1. With the "Add time to date" function I set "0" for days, hours, minutes to add to the creation date and save the result as a "Today date" variable.
2. After it I update "Today date" column with this value.
3. I pause the workflow until 1 day.
4. A loop starts with the condition the action hasn't been completed yét.
5. I add 1 day to the "Today date" with the "Add time to date" function.
6. I update "Today date" column.
7. Workflow pauses for 1 day.
It is impossible not to have Site Workflows. They are available here (Site Contents --> Nintex Workflow for Office 365):
After you click it you will enter workflow gallery for site workflows. To trigger you must go to: https:/[tenant-name].sharepoint.com/[...]/_layouts/15/workflow.aspx.