cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Recent SharePoint Online errors causing problems with Nintex Forms?

Jump to solution

Has anyone else noticed problems with their Nintex Forms for Office 365 after the recent errors in SPO that Microsoft acknowledged?

 

We were scheduled to “go live” on 2 new apps that I built in Nintex Forms for Office 365 in the new responsive designer.  Everything was working, but then last week our users reported some error messages on SharePoint Online.  Microsoft also issued an alert about errors in SharePoint Online and they say they are working to fix it.

 

I tested one of the new apps and I discovered that after I create a new item in Nintex Forms and save & close, then when I go back in to Edit the form it displays a page with a blank window and my only option is the Close button.  It could be related to the other Microsoft problems and could be resolved when Microsoft resolves their issues, but I don’t know for sure.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
Reply
3 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Recent SharePoint Online errors causing problems with Nintex Forms?

Jump to solution
When I see the empty title rectangle, I just wait several (no more than 8) seconds for the rest of the page to start rendering.

About once a week I get HTTP Error 404 when opening multiple forms simultaneously using separate browsing sessions. Mitigation is to re-open the Chrome browser.
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Recent SharePoint Online errors causing problems with Nintex Forms?

Jump to solution
In my case, the page never finishes rendering, even after several minutes waiting. There is no error or anything else. Maybe if I try to record it through Fiddler... but I am will see what Nintex Support has to say tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Recent SharePoint Online errors causing problems with Nintex Forms?

Jump to solution

After opening a call with Nintex Support, we think the issue is related to my form's use of some lookup functions that are only partially supported on the responsive form.

 

The errors were unrelated to the recent SharePoint Online maintenance issues, which Microsoft says is now fixed.

 

I do not know exactly why, but I was able to get the form working again by doing these steps:

 

Remove the problematic form controls and associated rules & variables one at a time,

Publish form,

Test form,

Repeat until problem goes away,

Add back variables, form controls and rules,

Publish & test and make sure problem does not return.

 

If the problem does return, it only prevents users from editing a form after it has already been created, which is not a show-stopper.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Reply