Solved

Query managed metadata column

• 26 January 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hello Friends

Does any one know how to query managed metadata column?

I would like to update reviewers and approvers (people picker fields) based on discipline codes ( which is MMD field )

Any pointers?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 26 January 2017, 14:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can get the values of the Managed Metadata column from the list/ library by REST API. You need to call it using the URL:

{SITE URL WHERE LIST IS PRESENT}‍_api/web/lists/getbytitle('‍{LIST NAME}‍')/items({ITEM ID})/{INTERNAL FIELD NAME}/Label‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Build a dictionary with a request header: Accept and value: application/json; odata=verbose

Then use the call http web service‌ action to the above URL, GET, and with a request header. Then put your response content in a collection and get item from it using the path: d/Label.

If you have more than one value in the field, you will get a string delimited with semicolons (;). You can then use ‌ action to split it and receive another collection of single tokens from your MM column

Piece of cake!

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +6

Dear Tomasz,

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Is this possible in office 365?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In fact this is a solution for the ‌ so yes - it is possible, tested and working  I'm using it as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

‌ do you find my answer as correct? Can you mark it as a solution? Maybe you found a better solution for your question that you could share with us?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +6

I am not a Developper yet and I find this REST solution a bit overwhelming. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Unfortunately there is no OOTB action to do that for you... Don't be afraid to get familiar with REST web services. It may look very difficult at the beginning but has really high ROI (return on investment ) - once you learn it you will unleash a real power

P.S.

I'm not a developer either!

Regards,

Tomasz