Solved

Problem with new connection manager

• 20 February 2018
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

In a workflow I'm using an account to update item permissions. The workflow runs fine when credentials are provided in the action itself.

Now with the new connection manager I hope I can store the credentials there instead of having them in each action.

According to this site (https://help.nintex.com/en-US/O365/#cshid=1333) I need to create a connection of type SharePoint Online: Site & user administration.

Now after creating the connection and putting the same credentials into it that I had in my actions I updated the actions to use the new connection. However, when Item permissions need to be updated the workflow gets suspended with the following error:

The destination site was unable to process request. The provided credentials might not have access to the site.   

Connection and workflow are on the same site. I don't really know what I'm missing.

Any thoughts?

Best regards

Enrico

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 23 February 2018, 09:43

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Enrico Knapp‌ that might be stupid, but are you sure you chose the right level of permissions, when configuring access? See: https://help.nintex.com/en-US/O365/Default.htm#o365/O365WorkFlow/Connections.htm%3FTocPath%3DUse%2520advanced%2520techni… 

Yeah, that was stupid. You checked it. You chose the right level. 

One question - are you using different account to provide permissions than the one, you are logged in when designing your workflow?

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi ,

thanks for replying. I'm using the same account for creating the connection and creating the workflow. Only the credentials in the connection are different.

I reached out to Nintex support and still hope for help.

Best regards

Enrico

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I noticed, that when I tried to create a new connection, for a different credentials than the user I was logged in, even though I was able to type his login, I wasn't able to provide his password and finally the connection got created for the credentials of logged in user, not the other, specific one. I had to log out and log in using the other credentials and then create that connection. Maybe this is your case too?

Regards,

Tomasz Poszytek 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks for replying Tomasz,

I'll have a look at it and try it out.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +3

Hello Enrico,

did you find an answer for this. I'm also having the issue.

kind regards,

Jim

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Jim,

the problem in my case was that I didn't give the account named in the permission also the owner permissions on the site. After I made the account also a site owner it worked for me.

Best regards

Enrico

Hi Jim,

Are you able to resolve your issue ?

I have worked on the connection manager and followed the below way to accomplish that:

I have login the SharePoint site and trying to develop the Nintex workflow with my own credentials (for example: Giridhar@xyz.com) but in my case the credentials that I am trying to give in connection manager is different ( admin@xyz.com). I run the workflow it works fine, but make sure the credentials (in my case admin@xyz.com) have necessary permissions over the site to run the workflow.

Let me know if you still have any issues.

Thanks,

Giridhar  

Badge +3

Hello, 

that did it for me as well. I assumed that site collection admin would have been enough, but apparently the site on which the flow is running, also needs direct permissions (in person, or via a group).

Tnx so very much for your reply

Badge +6

I am having the same issue.

Can you explain what the proper way of working must be ?

It's very confusing and don't understand why Nintex makes this a horrible m....sss after about working with the product and permission action since 2006 :-)

Badge +2

I am also having the same issue.  Sometimes the error goes away if I just restart the workflow after it suspends.  But not always.  Seems like the Connections feature was rushed out the door and it's still buggy.  So frustrating to deal with this nonsense.   I have a client that needs me to finish this for a high visibility project.  And the product just doesn't work.  Getting harder to recommend Nintex with each passing day.  

Hello ,
Could you please tell me if have you been able to solve this issue , cause i encounter the same in many workflows.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Badge +4

Same here.

Agreed. Something that used to work great has been changed In a way that makes it very difficult to use/figure out