Solved

Problem with document generation tagging excel repeating rows

• 22 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

Hi all,

I have recently had to change a workflow to the newer version of DocGen but I am struggling to work out why my collection data is not being listed properly in the Excel file.

I have followed a blog posted by Patrick Hosch‌ (https://community.nintex.com/community/tech-blog/blog/2017/04/19/document-generation-just-got-a-major-upgrade-in-office-365) but I don't see any data when the file is built.

I have tried multiple ways of doing this; selecting a range of cells for the data (which shows nothing), and selecting the top row of the table (which shows a single row of data), but I am lost in this at the moment.

What I have is 5 columns of data which can be variable in the number of rows (but up to a max of 5) and each row has different data; Date, Reference, and other data.

There are other non-collection variables that do show on the Excel file but my main concern is why the collection data doesn't show.

Edit: I have placed the Row Start variable from the Table fields in the first row (date Sample Drawn) under the header and then I selected multiple rows beneath that row for the separate columns. This showed nothing in the Excel file.

I then selected one specific cell in each column and it showed the first element from each of the collection variables.

Any help would be appreciated.

Date Sample Drawn Reference Type Period Charge Strength Volume

Regards,

Paul 

icon

Best answer by scynerp 26 January 2018, 12:41

View original

1 reply

Badge +6

This completely was down to the way to tag Excel files and my lack of understanding.

For a repeating set of data to show in Excel I have to highlight the complete row of columns to be used in the table and tag that as SampleDataRow_Start (my example). Then, I had to select each "top" row of the columns that I want for the repeating data and tag them accordingly; Date, Reference, etc.

I got this heads up from a great resource based in Audtralia - so, thanks to him (‌) !

Cheers.