Missing Reference

Badge

Hi all,

Please has anybody encountered this error message while trying to package and deploying? If yes, please what is the way out?

'Missing PrecedingActionID: 8bca5b47-c96c-4d7b-9301-11da3b946a33

Thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Raf

Are you getting this message when you are creating the package or deploying it?

What type of object (form, view, workflow) are you getting this message for?

What version of K2 are you using (4.6.9 ?)

I would suggest this message looks like something to do with rules. If it is a form/view I suggest you open the source object up in K2 Designer and check there are no rules errors.

Can you post a screen shot of the error?

Badge

I have just got the same error message on validation of a process when attempting to create a package with K2 4.6.9 package and deployment tool "Process is referencing the 'Missing PrecedingActionID: GUID' Unknown that could not be found". Screenshot attached.

There is a preceding rule used in the process developed using K2 Studio which has been working fine in the development environment and was about to deploy to UAT. Am keen to hear any ideas as to what resolutions there might be to a problem of this kind or how to troubleshoot.

15292i4D1EF1E644AD8F54.jpg
Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Rob

The first thing I would try is opening the workflow and stepping the wizard for the affected activity and its events. I would especially look at the Preceding Rule wizard for the activity and make sure all data fields, environment library variables and references are correctly named and mapped. Then re-deploy your workflow to dev and try P&D again.

Badge

Thanks Andrew.

I did troubleshoot by removing rules and activities from the workflow process and redeploying in development and then running P&D tool to see whether same error was generated and indeed it was even when the process only contained the Start activity.

On re-running the smartforms integration wizard on the Start activity, the following error was generated  "An exception occurred. Exception: An item with the same key has already been added" when clicking on Next at the Create Item reference stage of the wizard. This relates to the following posting I presume because I have been copying and pasting activities between similar workflow processes.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Smartforms-Integration-Error-An-item-with-the-same-key-has/ta-p/78274

The only resolution I had to this problem, was to recreate the workflow process.

Badge +10

There is a coldfix available that will likley help you in this effort.  I'd open a ticket with K2 support.