cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Populating task notification body with a build string variable, how to get approval URL working?

Hey guys,

I have an approval workflow that is designed to allow unlimited amount of approvals. It will loop through the same approval task until somebody on the task form specifies themselves as a final approver. I need flexibility to allow the task notification to change depending on the scenario.

I have inserted the html of my notification into a build string action. I cannot get the ApprovalUrl functional using this approach. Is there a trick?

I'm aware of a "hack" method where you could put the approval url into the task notification directly (and make it transparent) which "activates" the approval links from the build string. This method would suffice but nintex is automatically stripping the styling from my emails and making them red again. =(

Ideas?

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: Populating task notification body with a build string variable, how to get approval URL working?

How are you making it "transparent".

Try <p style="visibility:hidden; display:none;"> Your URL</p>

Not applicable

Re: Populating task notification body with a build string variable, how to get approval URL working?

Hi Corey,

Maybe you could post your workflow design ?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Corey,

Have you tried creating two different task processes or actions and allowing the workflow to select which one to send based on the criteria instead of trying to modify the body template? 

pfudala
Nintex Newbie

Love this community

I didn't know the "hack" method you mentioned and it really saved my day !

Thank you

0 Kudos