cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Office 365: nintex service account

Hi

I am testing Nintex and it seems every O365 action needs a username and password, as the Support Analyst I can already see the calls coming in when someone who created a workflow leaves the company and has their account disabled or their password changes and the workflow breaks as the credentials are incorrect.

I guess my questions is can we have managed accounts in O365 for Nintex? one which the user would not know the password but they could use, we have that currently in SharePoint 2010. (I understand this could cause security problems for us but I just want to know if it is possible)

Thanks

Jamie

19 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Office 365: nintex service account

Jamie,

Managed accounts (similar to on-prem workflow constants) is slated to be released in a later version of the product. In the mean time there is no way currently to store credentials.

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks for the info Andrew, it seems a shame that every Nintex 365 action needs a username and password, we are about to migrate 1000+ workflows to O365..... We may have to rethink some things

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi Jamie,

This workaround is highly unsecure but it works so might be an acceptable temporary solution for you.

You could store usernames and passwords in a SP list.  You can lock down security on that list and only grant read access to the people who are designing workflows so it's "semi secure".  However, there are so many holes in this suggestion the Swiss would be proud to call it cheese! ;)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jamie,

To be clear, not every action in O365 requires a username/password. The actions that specifically require usernames/passwords are the provisioning actions which happen to also be live actions (which you can use in your on-prem version of nintex!). You can find the list of actions here.​

We are working as fast as possible to get the stored credential integration in the product. In the meantime please feel free to add you votes/comments to the following feature request: Secure Password variable – Customer Feedback for Nintex

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Following on from Andrew's comments.

We are indeed working hard on removing the need to provide credentials for the 365 actions. We are bringing the recently released Connection Manager to Office 365, allowing you to set up credentials centrally once, via OAuth which are then used across the actions.

Stay tuned for further information as we get closer to releasing.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi sorry for late response I have been away.

Andrew you are correct and I may have jumped the gun when saying that every action requires a username and password.

I look forward to any developments

Thanks

Jamie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Dear Andrew,

We are now 5 years later. Is the "stored credentials" functionality available now?

Regards,

Kurt

Galapagos

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Does anybody know if there's been progress made on this issue?  Alternately, has anyone found some kind of workaround for this?  Any input would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I think the dev team's have gone on holidays again we got a few new features a few months ago for the first time in about 1 year and it's dried up again...

0 Kudos