cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Office 365: How to promote to mayor version all documents inside document set and capture document set version?

Jump to solution

Working with Nintex Workflows for Office 365, document libraries and document sets, and troubles finds me

1. Needs to iterate through all documents in document set.
  2. Publish mayor version foreach document.
    • Tried with an document (Office 365 check out and Office 365 check in actions) and error was occured: Unable to find list item to check in.
  3. Capture document set version.

Thanks in advance

Labels: (1)
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Office 365: How to promote to mayor version all documents inside document set and capture document set version?

Jump to solution

Hi Fernando, let me answer you on those points :

1 - Because a  DocumentSet is technically a folder in your doc library , you can simply iterate on the folder itself. For instance, i have just created a docset on my tenant's document list (https://ntxdemo3.sharepoint.com/Documents​) and all the documents of my newly created DocumentSet (DocSetDemo) are stored in the folder (https://ntxdemo3.sharepoint.com/Documents​/DocSetDemo )

2 - You used the correct action. It would take a specifis post with the parameters you put into it just to help you to make it work! I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of parameters!

3 - This action is not lost. It's trying to find its way through the maravelous path of Nintex roadmaps . What I mean is simply that this feature is on its way, and will be released in a future version, but hasn't been planned today yet!

Not applicable

Re: Office 365: How to promote to mayor version all documents inside document set and capture document set version?

Jump to solution

Thanks Alexandre!!

I'll try to iterate as folders, and put correct parameters

About capture document set version, querying SharePoint Designer OOTB actions (2013 workflow engine), has not this action, however 2010 engine have it! Maybe the limitation comes from known SharePoint product bug?

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

The Document Set features are in our backlog. I don't think it's a Sharepoint product bug... well... if it is a lack in the Sharepoint capabilities, we will fill it soon!! and that's a great thing!

Not applicable

Jump to solution

We wait for that improvement. Many thanks!

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Fernando Domínguez Martín​, If Alexandre's response worked out, please mark his answer as correct if you would. Thanks!

0 Kudos