cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

O365 Workflow Suspended Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource

I have a workflow in O365 that is set to run on a modified condition but I get an accessed denied error on the start of the workflow. I have full control to the list, task list and workflow history. Running the workflow manually works fine. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Error Message below.

Workflow Status

Activity in progress

Retrying last request. Next attempt scheduled in less than one minute. Details of last request: HTTP Forbidden to https://myjm.sharepoint.com/teams/CleanAirGlobalCommercial/_api/web/lists(guid'198e2e98-abe0-451b-b6... Correlation Id: cc385cd9-a64d-6333-9737-a215cfda8c96 Instance Id: dd58b2cd-a67b-4294-b7bb-ffbed3c74839

Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.

Cheers

Ian

31 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: O365 Workflow Suspended Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource

I have fixed this issue

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: O365 Workflow Suspended Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource

hi

What was your solution, could you please provide?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Facing the same issue. I have a workflow to set the permission for the item, I have this action under an Action Set with Elevate permissions checked. But getting "Access Denied" error even if when try to run the workflow manually with admin account. Please note this same workflow was working fine few months ago.

‌ #elevate_permission

#

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Figured out the issue. I was using a SharePoint group for the email and that was causing the access denied issue (don't know why). It started working when I entered the name/s, email addresses in place of the SharePoint Group.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I have exactly the same issue. Simple workflow, one action (send an email to a user/group specified in the current item).

If I run it as a site owner and specify a SharePoint Group as the recipient, it runs fine.

If I run it as a site member and specify a SharePoint Group as the recipient, I get the access denied error and the workflow eventually suspends, preventing other workflows from running.

The same behaviour is observed even if the workflow is run in an elevated action set.

Anyone got any ideas?

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Noticed that it had stopped working for owners as well... Tried to move the email action OUTSIDE of the action set, and the email sends correctly.

So... Owners, can send emails to SharePoint groups if not using elevated permissions.

Members can't send emails to SharePoint groups at all.

To support!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Right. Experienced the same.

1. Can not send email to SharePoint Group (not even as Site Owner) in the Elevated Permission Action Set.

2. Sending email to SharePoint Group from outside the Elevated Permission Action Set works fine for Site Owner, but does not work for members.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hey Guys,

Try this - https://help.nintex.com/en-US/o365/#o365/O365WorkFlow/Troubleshooting/LazyApproval7.htm%3FTocPath%3D... You may need to set the membership visibility of the group to "Everyone".

If you're using 'External Email' or LazyApproval, because we need to access the members of the group we need to be able to see the members, I don't believe the internal SP mail should have this issue as it uses a different mechanism for this (which is not possible when sending externally, with attachments etc.)

Let me know if this helps

Thanks,

Accept as Solution Reply
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Thanks Callum, that helped!

I was using Internal Email, but changing the settings of the SharePoint group to allow membership visibility to everyone allowed the workflow to run. The admin user in/out of the app step was a red herring - since the admin user was a member of the group, it could see the group members, but only when it was run outside of the app step. Put the admin user inside and it runs as the app, which can't see the group members.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply