Solved

O365 Query List

• 30 August 2017
  • 7 replies

Dear All,

Just getting started using Nintex & Nintex workflows in O365 and struggling to get my head around the O365 Query List.

I have a custom list called department heads containing department (string) and department head (person).

On a separate site I am building a workflow to query the department heads list based upon a selection on a form.  i.e. if IT on current form = IT of department heads form then return department head.

The issue I have getting my head around is the O365 query list only allows me to output this as a collection or dictionary as a string. 

The workflow works to a point if I create a dictionary and save results in first column (see attached) which brings back in format ["firstname surname"] which I can save into a text field but what I am really looking for is ability to return person properties such as email, display name?

Do I need to build a collection or dictionary with these fields?

Sorry if this is isn't clear but I'm new to Nintex and still finding my way around.

icon

Best answer by courtney_shelto 30 August 2017, 16:36

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Why are you using the query list action? What are you intending to do with this data once retrieved? In your list, are there multiple values for a particular department, or only always one? You can do this and set it to a variable:

Basically, you're doing a list lookup to your list that contains your department heads correlated to their departments and pulling back the field containing the person variable of the department head, and you pick it by saying you want the one where the department (in that lookup list) is equal to the department that was selected in your current list. Does that make sense?

Hi Courtney,

I'm having to use the O365 query list as the list I am looking up does not exist on the same site.  Once I have the department head returned I will be using that in a workflow for sending emails. 

List lookup works also but only if the list I'm looking up is on the same site.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Ahh, gotcha. Ok, then what you need to do, is have a "for each" after your query and write that item into a variable within the for each. 

You are a star - Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Glad to be of assistance!

Hi, How can I retireve the multiple columns values using the Office 365 Query List? 

Badge +8
I could never figure out how to get multiple columns using Office 365 Query List. I simply had to make 2 or more separate calls to Office 365 Query List.