Destination users by Outlook Public Folder email address only?

• 27 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

If my destination users (approvers) are part of an Email Outlook Public Folder (not an AD Group), can they still be resolved to inidividual users and approve the request individually?

Usually i have an AD Security group for the destination users, but in this case there isn't one, just a group email address instead.

Thanks

5 replies

Hello,

I think as long as you can return a List of these User's Email Addresses, we can use a For Each Loop or something similar to send the email to these users. 

Are you able to return the List of Email Addresses via a SmartObject?

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Just saw your reply, which smartobject can resolve a Public Folder email address to users?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
IMO this will not work. For the task to be assigned to the individuals or Public folder group it needs to be assigned to that object or users and I’m not aware of a Smartobject that can resolve the Exchange object to achieve this.
HTH
Vernon
Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Is there a script way of copying the Public Folder members to an AD group and keeping it synchronised?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
This might be answered better by your Exchange / AD admin. You can export these using PS to AD Distribution Group but keeping them in sync I have no idea.
HTH
Vernon