Solved

Nintex form with repeating section - counting values

• 16 February 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

I have a Nintex form (in O365) with repeating section, in that section is to controls that needs to separately count procent of total of each control. Let me illustrate this problem...

Repeating section (has three controls: text control (ID), A value to choose, B value to choose):

ID 20123
A O 1                O 2              O 3
B O 1                O2               O3

Total of all repeating sections:       A x%     B x%

ID isn't information that need to show on the list just the precent value of A and B.

How should I consider to start with, calculating value? Workflow? Javascript? ...?

icon

Best answer by sarisime 6 March 2015, 09:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I'm sorry I don't quite get what you are looking for. What are the 1,2,3 dots to the right of A and B? Is A hard set, or does the use type it in? Or is it a label to the control to the right? I'm sorry for my confusion of this form.

But ,You can count and do other runtime functions to controls within a repeating section. Such as, if you have a YesNo field in a repeating section you can count how many times it is checked by using a calculated field outside of the section with the value set to Count(myYesNofield). Hopefully this can help some.

Badge +6

wild guess: looks like a radio buttons UI mockup

Badge +4

Andrew and Alexey.... I actually found a solution for it with calculated values. I set two sum values, one each to choice control and hide those under text control. Then on the bottom there's calculated values that set procent of those sums and are connected to column in the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Perfect, well done. I wanted to lead you to that, but what I wanted to know first was if you needed to add the values of the radio choices, or simply count the selections. it wasn't clear to me.

But excited you have a solution and shared it with the community. Could you mark your answer as correct for others to find?