cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex form to be saved as attachment and send via email

Hello, I have a Nintex form created and would like to put a button on the form so that when users click on it, it will put the form as an attachment in an outlook email for me to send to other people. Could you let me know if thats possible.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Nintex form to be saved as attachment and send via email

There isn't anything in the box to do this, but there are jquery and odata methods to do this if you can communicate to a web service that can convert html to a document type. In an on premise solution, I have done something similar using Html to OpenXml - Home and created a Word document. But I had a web service that could consume the JSON submissions of the html. This may be very complicated in O365, but should be possible if you have a hosted solution.

Or alternatively, you could use a print feature that could allow them to save as some document type. But this would not auto email the form.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Now, having the "Enterprise" version of Forms, you can use the save to PDF functionality for Forms. Then you can upload such generated PDF into a library in SharePoint where you can create a workflow, to send the uploaded file as the attachment. But as Andrew wrote - there is nothing OOTB.

Regards,

Tomasz

jritmeijer
Nintex Newbie

If you don't have the Enterprise version, or perhaps also need to convert the Form's attachments, all automated via Nintex Workflow, then have a look at this blog post that I recently wrote. It shows exactly how to do this with a very high level of conversion fidelity.

0 Kudos