Solved

Nintex form online issue javascript . getting The form is referencing a field that does not exist.

• 3 April 2019
  • 1 reply

I am getting "

The form is referencing a field that does not exist. Please notify the form designer." 

I have a simple form where I am trying to assign a field value using java script . In the form setting I have custom javascript includes as "https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.3.1/jquery.min.js"

For the field I have Store Client ID in JavaScript variable = Yes , 
Client ID JavaScript variable name = temp

Then I have a javascript button with client click = NWF$(document).ready(function(){ NWF$("#"+temp).val("Text"); )}

So when I click the button , I am getting this error. If I write alert("test") for the cleint click it works.Also if I remove the NWF$(document).ready(function() , it gives the same error . Am I missing anything ?

icon

Best answer by allan 5 April 2019, 17:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Youi do not need to include jQuery, NWF$ is jQuery.
Be careful with the type of control you are trying to update, depending on the type, you need to update it another way (a dropdown list is not updated via JS the same way a input is).

Also, remove "NWF$(document).ready" , when you click on your button, the document is already ready. 
Be careful because "NWF$(document).ready" is true only for jQuery, not for loading forms. The correct way to get the "ready" event with Nintex is "NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterAfterReady(function () {...});"