Solved

How to return TRUE/FALSE if a value does not exist in a list ??

• 27 February 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi;

In Nintex Form 365, I would like to return True/False if a user does not exit in a list (Managers)

I have tried : 

isNullOrEmpty(lookup("Managers", "email", Current User (Email), "Position"))   

--> this does not return True or false, because the "Current user email" does not exist in Managers list

What function i can use to return False if Current User(Email) does not exist in Managers list ???

Thank you for your help.

Ahmed

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 27 February 2018, 19:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I think your approach is correct. Using it, you're trying to get the Position for a user, whose email is equal to one of the emails on the list.

Have you tried to debug it? Ex. by adding that formula to a calculated field, to see what output gives the Lookup function?

Regards, Tomasz 

Yes,the formula is in calculated value field, and it gives nothing (just blank) its should give true/false as the function return true/false value.

if the user email exist in the list and position field empty it returns True, and false if position field is not empty.

i need to return False if the user does not exit in the list !! any idea ?? looks like lookup is not the right function that we need in this case !!

thank you Tomasz for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Does the Lookup function return blank if no position is defined for a looked user or its value if it is?

Yes, lookup returns blank if the position is empty.

lookup("Managers", "email", Current User (Email), "Position") 

if the email does not exit in the list (my case), i cannot return True/False using

if the email  exit  in the list, i can return True(when position is empty), false if position is not empty

thank you

Hi Tomasz;

the function is working fine, i had a local issue with the user email a was testing with. my bad, sorry, and thank you for your help as always;

thanks

Ahmed

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks for your kind words. Good luck in Nintexing

Regards,

Tomasz