Solved

Nintex Workflow Update List Item

• 28 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I have a unique question that I couldn't find on the discussion boards. I am trying to update multiple list values from a Nintex Form input to a SharePoint list. This is for O365. Here is a copy of my form so you can understand what I'm trying to do:

193688_pastedImage_2.png

As you can see, I have a rating system of Exceeded, Met, Did Not Meet, and NA. What I need to show up in the SharePoint list is a number value for each of the selections. For Exceeded: 5, Met: 3, Did Not Meet: 1, and NA: 0.

I tried using a Workflow for the first time and got it to work with the snapshot below using the action "Update List Item". I was only able to get one field to change based on one value. You can only have 15 workflows per library or list.

193684_pastedImage_1.png

Ok - Now for the question. How do I get this to correlate for all of my survey questions?? I was going to use a VLookup function, but I know there has to be a way to use this software more efficiently.

Is there a way to use something on my entire list that says if there is an Exceeded, then change to 5 and so on? Or perhaps I'm not thinking of different options that are available either in SharePoint or Nintex forms?? Please help!

Thank you! happy.png

icon

Best answer by emtgenius 31 October 2016, 17:11

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

Hello Jade, I have attached the solution. Please email me emtgenius@yahoo.com  for any NINTEX questions :-)

The script mentioned in the Attached document is here:

NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterAfterReady(function () {
execOperation();
});

function execOperation() {
try {
NWF$("[data-nfchoicevalue='5']").find("label").html("Exceeded");
NWF$("[data-nfchoicevalue='3']").find("label").html("Met");
NWF$("[data-nfchoicevalue='1']").find("label").html("Did not meet");
NWF$("[data-nfchoicevalue='0']").find("label").html("NA");
}
catch (ex) {
alert(ex);
}
}

Badge +2

Hello Emt Genius,

I am very new to this Nintex stuff and definitely do not have a programmer background. Where do I put this script? In the Form or in a Workflow? Any pictures or help you could supply would be awesome! I really appreciate your help with this!!

Thank you!

Badge +2

Actually there is a docx file attached to my reply on the NINTEX site with detailed steps and all screenshots