Solved

Nintex Responsive Form - capture user signature

• 20 June 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

We are using Nintex App Studio and have a requirement where staff are going out in the field and collecting data form clients. As part of that data collection we require, for legal reasons, that the client provide a signature. 

How can this be done on a responsive form? Can it be done?

In Nintex Mobile you used to be able to add a multi line text box.

icon

Best answer by eharris04 20 June 2019, 15:13

View original

7 replies

Badge +17

For capturing signatures at the moment, you will have to use javascript within the classic form and multi-line field as you've stated. Here is a post that details how to add the script to the page and it will show in the mobile app.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Sign-your-name-across-my-heart/ba-p/82771

We do have an update to responsive forms that will include signature controls, but the timeline of that has not been confirmed by development yet.

Hi,

Do you have any idea when will Nintex Community advise on the update of the functionality of adding Signatures using Responsive Forms.

Badge +7
@eharris04 now that we have this control in Office 365 will you tell us or point us to how we are supposed to capture it? I tried Hyperlink, Picture, etc... but nothing seems to work.

Hi @AUSharePoint , what do you mean by capturing it?  You mean when you view the item in the online form?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
At present their is a UI issue where the control asks you to connect the control to a column and as you have found out you cannot.
You dont need to connect the control to a column. By default the signature image is saved as an attachment on the item.
Badge +7
I'm sorry I should have updated this a while back. I meant how to literally capture it in the item, but I learned pretty soon after posting this that it is captured as an attachment.