cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex O365 Workflow : Create PDF from Word document

Dear all,

I have the requirement to transform word documents (*.docx) into PDF documents after they have passed an approval workflow. I would have expected that Nintex workflow for O365 offers functionality for this, but I am not able to figure out how this can be done (without use of custom code or third party tools).

Could anyone confirm if this can be done with Nintex Workflow for O365, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Lucas

Labels: (1)
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Nintex O365 Workflow : Create PDF from Word document

Perhaps you could you the Nintex Forms Enterprise version to print PDF, or subscribe to the document generation license

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Why don't you use action? You just provide url to your docx file ad an input, set output to pdf file and It's done. Simple and fast. You can even use it to create dynamic templates and fill them with dynamic data, using Nintex add-in for Word.

The only thing is it requires additional license, however first 250 document generations per year are included in your workflow license.

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi ‌ have you solved your problem?

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

For Lucas' needs....
I believe docx file url needs to be a dynamically determined location.  I don't belive Document Generation activity will support that.  The url to the document template appears to be a hard-coded value, correct?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Can you please confirm if the Url to the document can be dynamic, eg set to a workflow variable?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply