Solved

Nintex Form is not loading embedded js. Trying to print label directly using javascript.

Badge +6

Hi all,

I have found some javascript that can be used to print directly to a DYMO labelwriter but I can't get it to work properly in a Nintex form.

The form is a basic list of two items to prove the point of printing directly and using the js script.

When I publish the form I get a message "The app Nintex Forms for Office 365 is out of date. Please update the app." (see attachment). I know that this is down to the script as I've come across this before but I wondered if anyone could help me fix this?

The script requires the inclusion of a src tag which I think might be the issue (see attachment)

Thanks in advance.

Paul

icon

Best answer by scynerp 14 June 2016, 16:49

View original

3 replies

Badge +8

Hey Paul Scyner​ – I think you're on the right track, the script source tag (<script/>) isn't well formed JavaScript and is probably what's causing you problems if you're embedding the contents of the attached .txt file.

Instead, you might look at referencing your JavaScript library (http://labelwriter.com/software/dls/sdk/js/DYMO.Label.Framework.latest.js​) within Form Settings > Advanced > Custom JavaScript Includes and then calling your function when a button is clicked using the Settings > client click property.

Badge +6

Since the question was posted I've managed to get assistance from someone who has helped solving the problem.

I now have a working solution to print labels directly from Nintex forms.

The solution required more work on the generated xml and a small bit of work to correct the javascript to suit the requirements.

Thanks for the help initially @Patrick Abel.

Badge +8

No problem – glad you were able to get it figured out!