Solved

Nintex 0365 Query List - Person Field

• 19 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello Everyone!

Let me start by explaining the issue i am having.... I have two lists:

ListA: This list has two columns, 1 for Location and 1 for Approvers (Person/Group)

ListB: This list has a bunch of columns, one of which is Location

When an item is submitted in ListB, I want to query ListA, using the Location as a filter.  I then want to set the Approvers to a variable and then email this variable.  When i do this, my workflow suspends.  After searching for the past hour or two, a user mentioned using the 'Get an Item from a Dictionary' action but i cannot figure this out. 

Attached is what my variable looks like.  Please provide some guidance on what i am doing wrong or another way to accomplish this.  Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by eharris04 20 April 2019, 00:31

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

I also want to add that sometimes I will have 1 person and other times I may have 2+

Badge +17

So for this I am thinking you can use the Query List Action to get the approvers, pull their "work email" and then email that. 

Here is the video for you to watch how I did this. Also, you can import the workflow as well to walk through it. Replace the list with your list and you should be good to go. 

Quick steps:

• Query the list to get the user names. Output is a collection

• Use regex to extract the emails (regex format to extract emails is [a-zA-Z0-9-_.]+@[a-zA-Z0-9-_.]+). Output back into the same collection

• Count the collection if desired

• Use For each to get each item out of the collection.

• Send email to each item in collection

Badge +2

Thank you very much.  I didn't even think of using RegEx to do this... I appreciate it!

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Is there a way to extract the emails and store them in one variable to send a flexi task to multiple users? This is great for emails or things independently going to a user, however not helpful with sending a task or email to a group of people at the same time. I found this helpful for other instances, but not what I was looking for for my need now. 

Extract field of approvers from ListB and send task to approvers from ListB. Can't user permission groups in this case, we have approvers for over 150+ company codes. Workflow finds approvers for that company code and I need to extract the emails but into one variable so I can reference it on the task. Cannot figure this out to save my life!