Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sPrice971
Nintex Newbie

Nintex 0365 Query List - Person Field

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone!

Let me start by explaining the issue i am having.... I have two lists:

ListA: This list has two columns, 1 for Location and 1 for Approvers (Person/Group)

ListB: This list has a bunch of columns, one of which is Location

When an item is submitted in ListB, I want to query ListA, using the Location as a filter.  I then want to set the Approvers to a variable and then email this variable.  When i do this, my workflow suspends.  After searching for the past hour or two, a user mentioned using the 'Get an Item from a Dictionary' action but i cannot figure this out. 

Attached is what my variable looks like.  Please provide some guidance on what i am doing wrong or another way to accomplish this.  Thanks in advance.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sPrice971
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex 0365 Query List - Person Field

Jump to solution

I also want to add that sometimes I will have 1 person and other times I may have 2+

0 Kudos
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

So for this I am thinking you can use the Query List Action to get the approvers, pull their "work email" and then email that. 

Here is the video for you to watch how I did this. Also, you can import the workflow as well to walk through it. Replace the list with your list and you should be good to go. 

Quick steps:

• Query the list to get the user names. Output is a collection
  • Use regex to extract the emails (regex format to extract emails is [a-zA-Z0-9-_.]+@[a-zA-Z0-9-_.]+). Output back into the same collection
  • Count the collection if desired
  • Use For each to get each item out of the collection.
  • Send email to each item in collection

0 Kudos
sPrice971
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thank you very much.  I didn't even think of using RegEx to do this... I appreciate it!

0 Kudos