New Responsive - Can Redirect URL be Dynamic, and can user be Redirected without saving item?

• 5 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hello,

I am Using O365 with a New Responsive form.  I have 2 questions:

1.  When a user clicks "Submit", can I redirect them to a dynamic url?  The url is determined based on the user's input.

2.  Can I redirect a user to another URL without Saving an item in their current list?

Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@SShaffer2 You can redirect to a url on the cancel button as well but neither cancel or submit currently allows dynamic redirection. You can vote on the feature here(https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/218293-4-nintex-forms-for-office-365/suggestions/41762182-submit-button-add-insert-to-redirect-to-url).

Badge +4

Thanks for your response. Since it is not possible to dynamically change the redirect of the Submit/Cancel buttons, is there anyway at all, to send a user to another url?

Ideas:

1. Add a button? (I don't think this is available in New Responsive, but just double checking)

2. Logic?

3. Something else?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@SShaffer2 Currently I am not aware on any methods in new responsive forms that will allow dynamic redirection.

Badge +3

Thanks for your response. Since it is not possible to dynamically change the redirect of the Submit/Cancel buttons, is there anyway at all, to send a user to another url?

Ideas:

1. Add a button? (I don't think this is available in New Responsive, but just double checking)
  2. Logic?
  3. Something else?

Yes, there is a way.

1. create a form variable for each redirect link you want
  2. in the “redirect url” button’s configuration, click the “insert” to bring up the formula window.
  3. insert a function to return the appropriate variable url depending on a value on the form.

For example:

ifElse([Form].[Declaration],[Form].[RedirectPageSUBMITTEDForm],[Form].[RedirectPageSAVEDForm])

Badge +2

Similarly, you can redirect the user back to from where they came.

Open the form from any view and look at the URL in the browser for the “Source=http….”

the “Source” will be the VIEW or Page they initiated the form to open

So, In the Close/Submit section of the Form use INSERT and add this:  getQueryStringParameter("Source")