Passing activity destination instance data between activities

• 8 February 2013
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +5

I have the following scenario:

- Activity 1 (plan per destination, all at once, create a slot for each destination, create a slot for each role and group with the 'destination set' splitting a data field array of K2 roles) 

- Activity 2

If activity 1 has created 2 instances (because there are 2 roles in the data field), how do I ensure that the first instance destination role of activity 1 is passed as the destination to its corresponding instance of activity 2 and the second instance destination role of activity 1 to its corresponding instance of activity 2?

I know I can do it by using the IPC event, and passing the instance data through, but I'd like to avoid this.

Thank you.

1 reply

Badge +8

Can you elaborate on the issue that you face? From what I understand, you want to ensure that Activity 2 behaves the same as Activity 1 w.r.t slots, but if you were to set the same destination rule for Act 2, that should take care of itself.

If you want to handle different sets of data, you could potentially save an instance of the data for each destination set, with an additional field containing the Role name in Activity 1. On Activity 2, pass the role name in as a parameter, either in the URL or the an Activity DataField and show the relevant data using the role name as a filter.