Solved

Mobile Task Approval problem with iPhones

• 12 September 2018
  • 10 replies

Hello. We're using a Nintex workflow with a classic task approval form. We have many users who want to approve on their phones, but the users that have iPhones (iOS 11.4.1)  get an error when pressing the "OK" button to approve the task. This happens in Chrome, Safari, and Edge. Android users can approve on their phones without issue. The error is shown below.  Any help or guidance on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Task Approval Error

icon

Best answer by karim_h 14 May 2019, 14:15

View original

10 replies

Hi Greg,

Can you please email support@nintex.com to create a ticket to investigate this issue further.

Zubair

Hi Greg Kinsey‌, Zubair Basar‌,

Do you have any updates on this error?

We have the same problem since last week. I've just open a support ticket.

Thanks!

Regards.

Hi Miguel,

Our problem turned out to be an iPhone configuration issue. The iPhone settings in the support link below helped to solve the issue.. I hope it works for you!

https://support.nintex.com/Office_365/Forms/Error_%22Please_enable_cookies_for_your_browser_to_use_the_Form%22_for_iOS_devices

Hi Greg,

We've applied this settings in our iPhone with iOS 11.4.1 and this seems to work OK!

Thank you!!

Regards.

Hello,

We have a similar problem again, but now with the iOS version 12.2. An user that could approve workflow tasks properly until last week, since last weekend couldn't approve task from his iPad returning the same error.

We have applied the settings mentioned in the support link for iOS 10 and 11:

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Error-quot-Please-enable-cookies-for-your-browser-to-use-the/ta-p/86839

But it still doesn't work.

Do you have any updates for the new iOS version?

Thanks in advanced!

Hi, we have the same problem. I noticed, that the user is opening the nintex form with the SharePoint app and not with safari. So after uninstalling this app the form is opening in Safari where it works fine.
Did you find any solution for this issue without deleting the sharepoint app?

Hi Karim,

We've an open case in Nintex Support and they are investigating it.

We realized that the problem could be when you try to access the Task form through your mail app on your iOS devices (iPad or iPhone). If I open the task by copying the link in a browswer like Chrome, I could approve the task correctly.

If the Nintex support gives us a solution, we'll write the conclusions here.

Thanks!

Hi mpinuel,

our users are also opening the Task from the Mail App on the iOS Devices. And the reason that it fails is, that the link opens in the SharePoint App. Could you check if you have the SharePoint app is installed on your device? If yes try to uninstall it and try again.

Here is the App I'm talking about:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/microsoft-sharepoint/id1091505266?mt=8

Thanks Karim!

It was the problem! The user had the SharePoint App installed in his devices. He unistall the app from his iPad and he could approve the task.

I'll send this information to Nintex support in case they can investigate it to prevent it for happening with other users.

Thank you!

Regards,

I'm glad it helped. Even if it's unfortunate because our users appreciate the app. So now they have to choose between the app or the possibility to approve tasks. A solution from Nintex would be much appreciated.