Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
krishnachaluvad
Nintex Newbie

Migrate or export Nintex Task forms from SharePoint on-premise to Office 365

Hi,

I am Migrating SharePoint 2013/2019 Nintex on-premise workflows to SharePoint Online/Office 365 using Sharegate tool.

Many of the on-premise workflows have "Assign Flexi Task" action and these task forms are customized for look and feel, some task forms have custom scripts, REST calls. 

Workflows migration was successful but the task form associated with "Assign Flexi Task" action is not migrated.

Sharegate shows, "the task form for the action Assign flexi task will be set to the default form because Nintex workflow for Office 365 does not allow task forms to be custom, InfoPath or Nintex forms".

I tried to export task form associated with "Assign Flexi Task" action from on-premise and imported to migrated workflow's "Assign Flexi Task" action task form. 

First time, when imported the .xml file, it did not accepted, tried changing the .xml file to .nfp, this time the import was successful.

But when a task is crated, the task form did not opened and shown error, "The form is referencing a field that does not exist. Please notify the form designer.".

I understand the why this error has come and tired to check the mapping details by opening the .npf file, but it was encrypted.

So the question is - is there a way we can migrate the on-premise "Assign Flexi Task" action task forms to Office 365 without re-designing them?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
chanteldup
Nintex Newbie

Re: Migrate or export Nintex Task forms from SharePoint on-premise to Office 365

Hi @krishnachaluvad ,

I think you need to open a case with Nintex support: <support@nintex.com>

I enquired a while back about migrating Nintex Workflows and Forms from on-prem to online and specifically asked about exporting from on-prem and importing to online and @pesikwane advised that: "We don’t have the ability to export an on premise workflow into the SharePoint Online Designer, and the same is true with Nintex Forms." based on this I don't believe your form will function after importing even if you have amended the file extention. 

He also advised that you can read up on supported actions from Sharegates website under the Nintex - FAQ

I know that doesn't answer your question but hoping it helps you in the right direction, good luck!

0 Kudos
ivgarcia
Nintex Newbie

Re: Migrate or export Nintex Task forms from SharePoint on-premise to Office 365

@krishnachaluvad 

We are having the same problem... Was Nintex able to give you a good workaround or fix? 

0 Kudos