MY FORM WILL NOT OPEN IN OFFICE 365

• 17 October 2017
  • 10 replies

Badge +5

It just spins!! I spent days on the form and workflow. The workflow will open up, but not the form. I have a support ticket in too. I tried in both IE and Chrome. Both just get to the part with the little circle and keeps spinning. I waited as long as 15 minutes.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

How is the form being opened? From a SharePoint generated link or a link you've constructed manually?

Perhaps create a dummy list on the same site and create a really basic form on it, see if that opens.

Also, I'd suggest going to the form designer and exporting the form, just so you have a copy of it somewhere.

Badge +9

Hi Joe,

Open Developer Tools on the browser (F12), click on the 'Console' tab and then open the form. Do you see any error messages logged in console? If so, can you please share them?

Thank you,

Sean

Badge +5

Sean,

It says "Unable to get property 'UniqueId' of undefined or null reference" Your support group believes it is corrupt. And they are saying to use SharePoint designer to delete the file and import the last one published that works. Which leaves me with a lot of work. Plus I can't get to All Files on SharePoint designer to even give this a try. I am just really bummed that this happened. I have used Winshuttle for years and didn't find it really intuitive. This is my first form and process with Nintex and I love it, but if this is indicative of how it's going to be, this might be a worse scenario then what I was in. Winshuttle atleast worked. I am going to always have to publish every few changes with Nintex. Were stuck with this software now. But not very happy to say the least. And I didn't do anything special on this form. Really basic. 

Badge +9

Hi Joe, 

Sorry to hear about this issue. Does the form not open design time as well as run time? If the form is able to open in design time, I'm wondering if there is a rule which references a deleted control that is preventing the form from opening.

If you have an export of the form, would you mind emailing me the export so I may have a further look?

Thank you,

Sean

Badge +5

no it won't open in design time, only runtime. But runtime is an older version. Do you know what they are talking about as far as SharePoint designer. Below are instructions. I'm ready to just do this if I can. I will just publish constantly since the software is obviously unstable.

The problem is I don't see All Files.

It is possible that the form has been edited and saved in the designer but a file has become corrupted.

To get back to the previous form follow these steps.

1. Open SharePoint designer (https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=35491) and go to the site > All Files > Lists > ListName > Item.  In this folder you will see 2 XML files.

Export a copy of NFForm.xml. This is the current form that loads when you select new item. We will use the export of the file to import back into the designer in a later step.

1. The file that is loaded when you edit and save in the designer is found using a web browser at https://<tenanturl>/site/NintexFormXml You will need to find the file that contains the matching List GUID. Delete this file.

1. Navigate back to your list and open the Nintex Forms designer.  Select Responsive or Classic form based on your export from step #1.  Click import from the ribbon and import the file that was exported in step #1.

Publishing this form will put the form back on the list and also allow for further editing.

Badge +5

Sean,

So I created another list and started a fresh form. I kept exporting every so often. Now I have no ability to edit any of the properties of any form elements. Is this an office 365 issue? IE issue? This product is unusable...I'm ready to ask for our money back. I'm sorry, so behind right now!

Badge +9

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I reached out to our Support team and a different support engineer will be reaching out to you soon regarding both issues. If you don't see an email come through, please email me directly through Nintex Connect and we can get to the bottom of this issue.

Thank you,

Sean

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi

I'm not a Nintex rep or in any way affiliated to Nintex, just a customer for the last 5 years. I'd just like to reassure you that incidents like this, that appear on these forums and I've encountered, are few and far between.

Issues do crop up now and then, but the positivity towards the product on this forum should help demonstrate to you that it's worth persevering past this initial issue.

Support to, both informally on this forum and through the support desk is very good in my experience.

Regards

Ryan

We are also experiencing this same issue. Design form is broken - no properties settings on side, can't double click, form settings dialog broken. Trying to import from backup cause the whole form to lock up. Imported form to another new list, even much earlier versions that were known to work without issue, does not help - still cannot edit control properties, etc. This is occurring on all browsers..

We started building a new form from scratch and it worked for a short time but then after a few fields/saving it started having the same problems again. This is a complete show stopper and we too are considering asking for money back.. We have had nothing but these type of issues since we started building forms and due to this have NEVER been able to deploy a working form.

Badge +3

Do you know how the issue was resolved? I'm currently having this problem.