cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

List workflow suspends with "looking up a value using a key is not supported on an instance" error

I have a process where general users create a new item in a drop-off list using Nintex Forms for O365.  When the form is saved and the list item is created in the drop-off list, a workflow named "CopyEmployeeRequest" starts (triggered on "when created") and creates a list item in another list in a remote SharePoint Online site in the same tenant updating field values in that remote list with the values from the same fields in the drop-off list.   The workflow repeatedly suspends with the following error:

RequestorId: d86ec1cf-907d-bec5-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidOperationException: Looking up a value using a key is not supported on an instance of 'Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicJsonPrimitive'. at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicItem.TryGetValue(String key, DynamicItem& value) at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicValueBuilder.PathSegmentFactory.ObjectPathSegment.Get(DynamicItem obj) at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity GetDynamicValueProperty<DynamicValue> Sequence If DynamicActivity<String> FormatString FormatString BuildDynamicValue NintexLiveWrapper3266df176ff2467ba339febb3dd6eada NintexLiveWrapper3266df176ff2467ba339febb3dd6eada Sequence Flowchart CopyEmployeeRequest.WorkflowXaml_7efb27e8_2ee2_4ece_8d3d_4a9f38e8690d

I have a similar workflow in another drop-off list in the same source site performing the same function (to a different remote site) but it creates a document set in a remote site document library - that workflow works fine with no errors.  I have tried deleting this specific "EmployeeRequest" workflow and recreating it but the same error occurs.  I am puzzled as to what is causing this issue.

My workflow error is very similar to the one reported here Looking up a value using a key is not supported on an instance but the error information reported at the end is different in my case (highlighted in orange above).

My workflow is very short with only three actions: 

cpyempreqwf.png

1.  Pause for Durationcpyempreqwfpause.png

2.  Office 365 Create List Item or Document Setcpyempreqwfo365.png

3.  Delete Itemcpyempreqwfdel.png

Drop-Off list settings:cpyempreqdo.png

Destination List settings:cpyempreqtt.png

The list item does not get deleted before the workflow suspends so I am guessing the issue is in the 2nd action (Office 365 Create List Item or Document Set).

I have double-checked the field names and types as well as the contents of choice fields in the 2nd action against the destination list to insure they match.

Any assistance in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: List workflow suspends with "looking up a value using a key is not supported on an instance

Have you renamed any list columns after they were created?
You may have name matching trouble because you see the column name alias (which starts out as the column name) but if it was renamed in SharePoint then Nintex may be using the actual original column name.
0 Kudos