List Form with a Repeating Section

• 8 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

I am working with a Modern SharePoint List on O365 that needs to include a repeating section.  I then have a Workflow that creates a task for individuals in different departments that need to fill-in the fields from the SharePoint.  I have it where it will update all the List fields from the Task Form, except for the Repeating Section.  I have a multiple line plain text field for my Repeating Section.  The issue seems to be saving that repeating section from the Task Form and if it does add XML to my plain text field, when I open up the form the repeating section values are not saved.

The bottom line is I want the user to do everything in one place (fill in the list form fields and complete the task).

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Is the repeating section connected to the Multi Lines of text column configured as plain text?
Is the column on the Task list or the item list?
Do you also have the Multi lines of text control on the form contected to the column?
If so this can wipe whats in the repeating section as the column is updated with the xml and then wiped by the Multi lines of text control.
Badge +5

@SimonMuntz Is the repeating section connected to the Multi Lines of text column configured as plain text?  Yes
Is the column on the Task list or the item list? On the Item List
Do you also have the Multi lines of text control on the form connected to the column?  Yes
If so this can wipe whats in the repeating section as the column is updated with the xml and then wiped by the Multi lines of text control.  What should it be?

Badge +5

**UPDATE***

This is a Responsive Design, not the Classic Design.

I've done it a classic design, but would rather use the Responsive Design, because it looks nice and a lot easier to design with.  If I use the Responsive Design, can I have the Repeating Section save to a secondary list just for my repeating section?  I would just need that section to be reloaded with the data when the form is opened back up by other approvers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
The repeating section can only live on the list where the item is that the workflow was run on or the Task list.
Badge +5

@SimonMuntz I have it like that and it seems to save xml data, but when the form is opened, the repeating section doesn't show with the data that was entered.