Revision Control

• 16 January 2007
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
Thank you for your suggestion. It is great and I tested it. It works fine for old files, it works fine for the coming files but it does not work for the one in-process. We have quite a long process, so all the file that was created with old template now have to be opened with the new template, and it's the problem. I am thinking of updating the workflow to have the function to compare the created date.

Thanks again.

2 replies

Badge +1
Hi,
I am new to a job that requires K2Workflow and InfoPath. I was asked to change the current InfoPath forms without interrupting the revision of archived files and in-process documents. What is the good method to implement? Should I create more views for InfoPath and intergrate them with adjusted workflow; or is there anyway I can create new InfoPath forms and run both versions of InfoPath in the same workflow?
I appreciate your opinion, thank you.
Badge +7
I would take the existing InfoPath solution, make the modifications to it an publish to a new location. BEWARE do not overwrite the old template !!!
Then in K2 open your solultion, right click somewhere in empty area of your worklfow and select properties. from the drop down list in the right lower corner select "update document settings" to rerun the infopath process wizard. point to the location of the new infopath template and that's it. now each new view / control and everything else coming from your new infopath version is available within your workflow.

Hope it helps you a bit.