Solved

Is there anyway of formatting numbers as currency on Nintex 365 forms yet?

• 16 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +11

Even if columns are correctly formatted as currency, and display correctly in native SharePoint lists, 365 Nintex forms will still only display the contents as unformatted numbers.

Is there any way around this? HTML / JavaScript / runtime function?

It really is strange that this, of all things, in business supporting software, is not working.

icon

Best answer by fccrous 21 September 2016, 22:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Shaun,

I always turn to JS to solve this issue myself.   Otherwise it has not yet been implemented, other than being able to display values as currency inside of calculated fields.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +7

Good day,

I'm still using on-prem and there we have an inline function fn-currency() which does all the work for me.  Is this not yet available in 365?

Kind regards

Badge +11

Thank you - I found that - could not see that previously (for some reason).

I notice, as a side point, that (whatever the setting on the column) the currency appears as that for the site region setting's locale - if this UK, GBP; if US, USD.

...Which can be a pain for sites covering international solutions.

I'm using USD generally (as company is US-based), so I'll be OK.

It'd be ideal if this took the setting from the column and not the site.

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Originally I thought you meant how to format the numbers at run-time while the user is entering data (oops).  But as stated, you can use the calculated field (runtime function currency) to display currency values.  There is also an inline currency function available to certain controls (as you have discovered).  Glad you found a fix!