Solved

Is there any way to capture comments via the Lazy Approval emails in O365?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

We have a workflow that is utilizing the "Assign a Task" feature. We have provided users with the ability to approve these tasks via SharePoint using a Nintex Form and changing their "Approver Status," but we're interested in allowing them to utilize the "Lazy Approval." We've done some testing with it and really liked the results, but the only hang up is can you capture comments? I found a thread of someone doing it with 2010, though it doesn't seem that I can take the same steps in 365.

Any help is appreciated!

icon

Best answer by andrewg 16 December 2015, 16:07

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Here is the complete documentation around Lazy Approval http://help.nintex.com/en-US/O365/Default.htm#O365WorkFlow/Creating workflows/LazyApproval.htm

Currently O365 doesn't track the comments from lazy approval. But it may soon.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Andrew, thanks. I did look over the documentation, but didn't see it reference it anywhere. I was curious if someone had "found a way," or if it was just not in the documentation and had been added recently. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No, unfortunately it isn't available, but you can vote for the feature from the UserVoice and it will keep you up to date on the progress of the feature.

Badge +1

Hi Andrew,

Is there a possibility to track the comments from lazy approval now?

Maria

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Unfortunately still no such feature

Badge +1

Thanks Tomasz,

hope it will become available soon...

Badge +1

Does anyone has a workaround for this? Thanks in advance.

Badge +9

Hi Ricardo,

We're actually just working on bringing this to Lazy Approval in O365 now, you'll be able to include a comment on the same line as the outcome and we'll write that to the task for you.

Do you have any specific needs with your use case other than grabbing this comment for the workflow?

Callum

Badge +1

Hi Callum,

Thanks for the response, I'll be looking forward to to it.

We just basically need to send the comments thru an email specially the reason for rejection.

Badge +9

This is now available in product: https://www.nintex.com/blog/whats-new-task-and-notification-improvements-for-nintex-for-office-365/ 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I've been trying to use the new release, but it's suspending all of my previously built workflows. Things that used to work now don't, for some reason, as soon as I so much as put a "txtComments" into the Task Comments output.

I've also ensured I've linked it to "Body" in the task form, for the comments holder (totally unsure as to why "Comments" wasn't the default, though?) -- and still, Suspends. 

Simple task, too - assign a task - 1 person - txtComments in Task Comments, Comments Field = Body... reply to task with a "testing" in the comments box - or empty - or anything. Boom, suspend! 

Is this happening to anyone else?  

Badge +9

Hi Rhia

Do you have a suspension error you can share, from the info bubble on wf history?

Callum

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

RequestorId: 69062518-5d2f-6979-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidOperationException: Looking up a value using a key is not supported on an instance of 'Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicJsonPrimitive'. at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicItem.TryGetValue(String key, DynamicItem& value) at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicValueBuilder.PathSegmentFactory.ObjectPathSegment.Get(DynamicItem obj) at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicValueBuilder.PathSegmentFactory.ObjectPathSegment.Get(DynamicItem obj) at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicValueBuilder.PathSegmentFactory.ArrayPathSegment.Get(DynamicItem obj) at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicValueBuilder.PathSegmentFactory.ObjectPathSegment.Get(DynamicItem obj) at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicValueBuilder.PathSegmentFactory.ObjectPathSegment.Get(DynamicItem obj) at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity GetDynamicValueProperty<DynamicValue> Sequence If Sequence If Sequence Get Assigned User Display Name Get the data for a single task item If Retrieve Comments NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_1cfc1779_c175_4bbb_9146_531a77ec3551 Assign a task Sequence If While State Machine Sequence Flowchart Delegate Task Test.WorkflowXaml_e54d5ce4_1847_4e27_ac61_1bffe9d556f5

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I'll add that as soon as I remove the txtComments, it goes back to working as expected. But ... I want to use the comments function.

Badge +9

Hi Rhia,

We're taking a look at this and we have a couple of questions.

• Does the 'Assigned To' owner of the task have a display name? (e.g. is it a service account or something else that may not have a name).
  • Are you using the 'Basic' mode of Task Outcomes, where you just specify the outcomes, or are you using 'Advanced Mode' where you pick an existing content type. If Advanced, what content type does this inherit from (e.g. Workflow Task (2013))
  • If possible, are we able to get a list template for the Workflow Tasks list where the tasks for this workflow are being created.
  • What language/culture is the SharePoint site?

Thanks,

Callum

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Callum - 

Responses in order, 

- It's a service account but it does have a display name;

- Um - basic, I think - but - I am using a Content Type for (based on the original as the Parent) where I've added Delegate as an outcome option.

- The workflow tasks list is the default task list, no modifications have been made to it.

- English, US.

Cheers!

And thanks for all of your help. Excited about using this feature.

R.