cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Is there a way to set a standard footer for emails send from Nintex Workflow O365?

Jump to solution

We want to place "This is a system-generated email. Do NOT reply to this email" beneight all messages.

Labels: (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to set a standard footer for emails send from Nintex Workflow O365?

Jump to solution

Hi Emiel,

Maybe you can try to create a Workflow example:Email with only Send an Email action. Setup the email template in that action. Then from other workflows, insert an action Start a Workflow and call the Email workflow from the action. So basically your Email workflow acts as a template. Hope this helps you achieve your requirements.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to set a standard footer for emails send from Nintex Workflow O365?

Jump to solution

That's a nice idea.

I now created a workflow variable for it and pasted it in all emails. Will probably be able to but HTML in this variable also, but did not tried it yet. It isn't as nice as on premises but it solves the challenge for now.

Need to check your idea; I'm wondering how to pass the variables from one workflow to the other. I thought it isn't possible to fill in the start-form of a Workflow when using Workflow start (not sure yet). Then I should probably work with a list and create a new item in there, use the start-workflow-action to trigger the workflow (because SharePoint made it impossible to automatically start a workflow on a list-item which is created by another workflow to prevent looping). Not really nice to solve it this way because we have to set up another list and build a workflow which takes one workflow of the clients 10 maximum on O365. Or did you have another idea for this solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

You could put the html in a "configuration" list. Just have two fields in the list as key/value pair. The key will be, "Workflow Email Template". Then the value is your data. Then in any workflow, query that list for the item filtered where Title equals Workflow Email Template. Take the Value field as the result and save to variable. Then use it in the email. If you need to add additional references in the new email, you will have several challenges, but possible to overcome. You may have to have three configurations of the email template, a Beginning, Middle, End. And in the email action insert references between your segments.

View solution in original post