Solved

Is possible start some workflows at same a time or massive????

Badge +8

Is possible start some workflows at same a time or massive????

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 22 August 2017, 22:12

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sure, once you attempt to publish your workflow set it to be started once item is created or modified. Then if you bulk-add 100 items, a separate workflow will be triggered for each of the created items.

Is it what you needed?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +8

Thanks,

I have a 100 items created, after, I create a new workflow, how start this work for all 100 items, previously created.???

Federico MS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can either set the workflow to be triggered on item modification, then edit the list of items in the list's "quick edit" mode, then update each item to trigger a workflow.

OR you can create a site workflow, which will run the list workflow for each item it finds on that list (for a given filter rule, ex. date of creation before specific date).

OR manually

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +8

I dont know create a site workflow, is new for me. Only I created workflows to specific list.

Fms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You have to open "Site Contents" and then click the "Nintex Workflow" app. This will open you the gallery of site workflows where you can create a new one. Their creation is simply the same as the list workflow. After you finish just go again to "Site contents" and then on the middle-right side of the screen, you will notice the "Site workflows" link. Click it, go to the list of existing site workflows, click the one you created to make it run and... done

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +8

Ok, where I select the list to start a workflow for all items of list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Please use "query list" action to get all items for which you want to start workflows, then do for each loop for the collection of the items, and in each run use "start workflow" action for the specific item.

Regards

Tomasz

Badge +8

Ok, thanks.

Have a limit???, for example have a 1500 items and I need start a specific workflow to all items.

FMS.

Badge +9

Hi Federico,

I'm not sure if there is a hard limit for Query List, but it's possible you may run into throttling issues from SharePoint if you try to process that many items in a single batch. The reason for this is SharePoint runs the workflow in a separate service to your SharePoint content, so every action the workflow takes on your SharePoint data (read/update/delete etc.) is an API call it performs to SharePoint.

If it is possible, you may want to try to batch that work into smaller pieces so that it can run at different times. You could do this by handling a smaller batch at a time, for instance, start some workflows, then pause for 15 minutes, this will break up the load across a longer period of time.

You can check out this article on from Microsoft: Office Dev Center - Docs - How to: Avoid getting throttled or blocked in SharePoint Online , this is relevant for the Workflow app accessing SharePoint data and applies equally to Nintex or SharePoint designer workflows that use the SharePoint 2013 Workflow engine.

Hope this helps

Callum

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

‌ I wonder if you found a helpful answer in this topic? Can you mark any from the answers above as "Correct" in case all your doubts are clarified?

Regards,

Tomasz