Solved

Is it possible to person filling-in Nintext form without user rights to list?

• 18 February 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

I have a client who has O365 but only few person can have user rights to it. They have Nintex in O365 only, but would like to make beautiful form for every person in their company to fill-in and submit.

icon

Best answer by christopheraucq 18 February 2016, 15:52

View original

6 replies

Badge +9

Hi Sari,

In O365, Nintex uses the security of SharePoint, so they need to have at least Contributor rights.

External users with Microsoft account can submit form if you grant them access.

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +4

Hi, is is same with Nintex Live? If you publish your form to Nintex Live?

Badge +4

Well, further information on about this case. Client has now ticket-process system created with SharePoint list and ootb workflows. And they like to have more sophisticated ticket-process. This is now in premise but as they already have Nintex on O365 they would like to use that environment and only trouble is that there's only few people who can have access to the O365. Ticket-process would be used though through entire company (thousands of people).

Badge +9

Hi Sari,

Not really, there is not such a concept in O365 I believe.

But you can create a separate Site Collection and let external users access to it

Here is a small video to introduce it Share SharePoint 2013 Online with external users - YouTube

Here is a full explanation

Then you can create what you want, like a Form or a Survey and let the external users access those ressources.

Regards,

Christophe

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi ‌! Have you found a solution you can share with us? Or do you find any from the answers above as the solution so you can mark it as the "Correct"?

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The user who takes any action in a workflow must have "Contribute" permissions to "Workflow History" list. Of course if workflow registers actions in his context. You can as well wrap all workflow in "App Step" action so that each action will be executed using "App" permissions.

So in your scenario, if you don't want to grant external users permissions to the History list or even - the whole site where the workflow+form are located, then I'd recommend to use ‌ action.

Regards,

Tomasz