cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: In Nintex Office 365 forms, making filled fields(controls) in disable mode in edit mode.

Hi Umasuthan Kanthasamy,

I prefer easy solutions. This is mine

Add the following formatting rule to a field:

Cheers,

Rick

Please mark this reply as a correct answer if it answers your question.

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: In Nintex Office 365 forms, making filled fields(controls) in disable mode in edit mode.

Hi

I agree about using a Formatting Rule where possible.  I would need to extend your rule so that {Self} not equal to "Administrator" then Disable or in other words only certain people can change Document Item properties. 

I  am pretty sure I can't do this with Permissions: https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Understanding-permission-levels-in-SharePoint-87ecbb0e-6550...

Daniel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi Daniel Westerdale​,

Perhaps this could be helpful for you (control settings):

Btw, {Self} is not a reference to the user who opened the form but a reference to the control.

Cheers,

Rick

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Rick Bakker

Nice one! However, as always with Nintex nothing is ever straightforward.

I  have two controls on my form next to each other .

Using the control Expression

Control expression to disable if not in group.png

Using a Formatting Rule

Formatting rule disable expression.png

... Now only one of these seem to work either published or preview modes. ........I have tried with and without the preceding 'not'  .  In both cases I am not a member of the group under test

And it is the formatting Rule that works

I have now booked marked the function reference.

Thanks again

Daniel

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Check out my blog post that deals with this topic in Nintex forms.  Thanks!

0 Kudos