cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

In Nintex Office 365 forms, making filled fields(controls) in disable mode in edit mode.

In Nintex office 365 forms, After filling some fields(controls) I need to save that. Then when open it again in edit mode I need those fields in  disable(uneditable) mode. Do Nintex has this feature? Or are there any possible ways to do this?

Labels: (1)
14 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: In Nintex Office 365 forms, making filled fields(controls) in disable mode in edit mode.

Hi Umasuthan

I was discussing a similar  requirement with a client yesterday,  I know you can add formatting rules for each column or named control, that either disables or hides if the boolean evaluation  is true  e.g.

form with a formatting rule.PNG

In my case I want allow property editing only for certain users - obviously normal SharePoint permissions won' t cut it as users still need to edit the item (document).

Daniel

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: In Nintex Office 365 forms, making filled fields(controls) in disable mode in edit mode.

Hi ,You can try the suggestion by Daniel. Else try my favorite technique

1)Add a column"CheckSave" of number type with initial value 0.Whenever you are saving the form write a workflow to update "CheckSave" to value 1

2)Edit the Nintex form and go to the control and "Add Rule" if  CheckStage==1 && Control!="" and select disable checkbox.

You will be able to make the controls with values as disabled in the edit mode

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

You tried the solution?

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thank you Daniel.

I tried your approach. But when I add that rule for particular control its allowed only one time to edit it and after that it is getting disable mode. But I need it in edit mode for entire session. Are there any possible ways to do that?

Umasuthan.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thank you Aditya.

I also understand that your approach is same as Daniel's one. But the problem is when I add that rule for particular control its allowed only one time to edit it and after that it is getting disable mode. But I need it in edit mode for entire session. Are there any possible ways to do that?

Umasuthan.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

No,I am using this approach in my forms,I have set a column which I am using as a flag .Depending upon the stage I am changing the value of the flag column and depending upon the value I am making multiple control disabled in edit mode and when some values are entered I change the value of flag column and make disabled controls enabled

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Both,

As of Friday, I am now about  to work on a new  requirement to disable key list control columns in a form  depending on the logged in user whilst in edit mode.  Hence, I am happy try out suggestions as mentioned in this post.

I guess we can break this down to:

1. Rule or approach used to hide or disable the control
  2. The behavior we expect when the control is hidden or disabled. The the issue, you describe.

I am looking 1) at  the moment to as I want to disable either controls or the Save button depending on the role of the user.  I store the user role in a separate list. incidentally, I have noticed I can trigger a workflow ( on Modified) by simply clicking on Document item properties and clicking the save button, regardless of whether check n or checkout the document.

Daniel

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thank You Daniel. I did it through javascript.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thank You Aditya. I did it through javascript.

Accept as Solution Reply