Solved

Images not saving in Multiline Richtext

• 12 February 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

We are currently using Nintex forms on a list that we're doing UAT testing in. The testers are required to provide screenshots of their testing success/failure in the "Analysis & Comments" field per datacut. This field is a multiline enhanced rich text field with 24 lines available for editing.

If they take a screenshot and paste the image in the field, it doesn't save properly. Any text they type will persist, but the image disappears. If you go back in to "edit" the item and go to the field, you can see where the image is supposed to be, though it doesn't render.

176320_pastedImage_0.png

Is there any way to fix this or get around it other than uploading each image and inserting it? The only other fix I can think of is using attachments. Is there a reason you can't paste images inline in these fields?

icon

Best answer by tbeduneau 15 February 2016, 14:23

View original

2 replies

Badge +7

I think there is no "automatic uploading" function as in this forum for example.

That means if you want to insert an image, this image has to be stored somewhere where it can be reach with an URL.

When pasting, you see you image that is temporarly stored in user device clipboard....but if you open the form later, or from another device, there is no solution for the form to display the picture.

Image have to be stored online...in sharepoint library for example (wich I agree is really less user friendly than copy/paste ! )

Badge +4

ah...I also looking for the solution, sadly...from your answer looks like we need to find the other way to make the user feel easy to attach their screenshots...