IS there any option to export/take of the backup of the workflow if the workflow size is larger than 5MB

Badge +2

Hello,

Is there any option to export/take of the backup of the workflow if the workflow size is larger than 5MB?

Please suggest

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you mean you can not export workflow from designer or form workflow inventory?

do you get any error?

Badge +2

Hi Marian,

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, I cannot export the workflow and Yes I get the error from designer while exporting the workflow.

Reason is Size is greater than 5MB and this is the limitation set by Nintex. So I wanted to check whether any other option available to export the workflow 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you tried to export it from workflow inventory?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There is no such functionality in Office 365.

If you are failing in exporting a large workflow, you can try to remove some actions and then, without saving it, export it.

However be aware, that such big workflow will bring you a lot of troubles, ex. related to publishing, instance persistence, etc...

Maybe you are able to rebuild it, split into smaller, use new #ComponentWorkflows ?

--

Regards,

Tomasz Poszytek

e-mail: tomasz@poszytek.eu<mailto:tomasz@poszytek.eu>

tel: +48 603 993 372

www/ blog: www.poszytek.eu<https://poszytek.eu>

twitter: @TomaszPoszytek

Badge +2

Hi Marian,

Am using Nintex Standard edition so you won't get workflow inventory option and more over there is no such option in office 365.

Regards,

Karthik R

Badge +2

Hi Tomasz,

Thank you for your reply.

Yeah am already doing that splitting the one workflow into 2 workflow's but my problem is I already had 12 workflow's in one list out of which 6 workflow's were too large to export so am splitting these workflow's also. Since its a time taking work so I just wanted to check Is any other options available.

Regards,

Karthik R

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ah, sorry. Ihaven't noticed it's for O365

Badge +9

Hi Karthik,

We're working on a fix for this - there is a service on our side that is blocking requests over a certain size (similar to the 2MB CSOM limit in SharePoint).

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions

Callum

Badge +11

Hi Callum,

very glad to hear you are working on a fix for this. We are having the same issue in our current project. Will we be informed on any channel when the fix is released?

Cheers

Philipp