Radio Button List Return Values?

• 21 October 2014
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Might be an easy one for someone to answer, but what are the RETURN values when a Radio Button List Control is used on a View?

I have a Radio Button List with 3 entries. The user must choose one.

Then I want to do a rule which says, if you choose 1 - do this, or if you chose 2 do this and the same for 3.

But what are the return values when a User clicks a choice? What would the rule look like?

Thanks,

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi,

This depends entirely on how the data is being displayed in the Radio Button List.

Static data in a radio button list will return one of the values entered as the static values.

SmartObject data in a radio button list will return the value specified in the data source as "value".

So in your case where you have a radio button list with 3 option (option A, B & C).

I would suggest that you have a look at the attached package ("there are two different scenarios in it") as the return value of a radio button depends on the way it has been populated.

While you are looking at the packages, do the following change in the "SMO values in RBL" and run the view again, notice that it will now not display a message box saying that A, B or C was selected. This is because the return value is now not the text anymore but the ID instead.

13826iDEE08734BD326855.png

Kind Regards.

Raymond