cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

I would like to know whether Nintex Workflow Text fields have character limitations

In Nintex workflow we can define two types of variables like Single Line Text variables and Multiple line variables, Is there any limitation on number of characters that we can store in these fields ?

3 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: I would like to know whether Nintex Workflow Text fields have character limitations

Hi Kasun,

I'm not 100% sure about o365 but I presume it follows the same limitations as onPrem. Detailed information about column limits can be found here: Software boundaries and limits for SharePoint 2013

long story short: Single Line Text - 255 characters, Multi Line Text - 1,073,741,823

Be aware that if you use this information as part of an url you have even stricter limitations. A part of an url (between two "/"), for example the name of a folder, can only be 128 chars.

Regards

Philipp

Not applicable

Re: I would like to know whether Nintex Workflow Text fields have character limitations

Hi,

Single line is 100% over 255, as I have used it multiple times to create huge csv files.

and in regards to Multiple Line, I doubt very much you would hit the limit.

andrew_valentin
Nintex Newbie

I found limits that prevented me from generating Word and Excel documents in a document library from another list.

The list item multiple line field had no limits and the Nintex workflow could take all of that text and place it in my Document library.

The issue was with the document library itself, the multiple text field, I had to tick "allow unlimited length in document libraries" in the fields settings and all worked fine.

In short I thought a limitation of updating fields via Nintex was causing an issue. Turns out Nintex wasn't the reason it was the Document Library. Might be useful information at some point for someone reading this page.

Andy