Solved

I'm creating a new form in Nintex, it looks good on the screen but when I view the form, and start clicking on my options it starts overlapping the fields, has anyone had this issue before and can help me resolve the issue?

Badge +7

I've used panels to put my labels and control functions in the canvas of the form, I've taken them out of panels and I'm still getting issues with overlapping of my data.

197616_pastedImage_1.png

in Preview

197617_pastedImage_1.png

icon

Best answer by jaapsteenis 22 January 2017, 21:48

View original

13 replies

Badge +6

Hello Claire, I am having the same issue as you and did involve support for this awaiting a solution for this.

I have a form with 4 panels over a Form with Form Height 5600 x Width 800 pixels set.

Furthermore I am using a series of rules for a controls over the form.

Are you also using panels on your Form, as it looks like  and rules on the individual controls ?

In another post below I read that best practice is to put the controls in a panel and set rules on the panels itself

Regards

Jaap

Badge +6

Maybe this has something to do with the order of your rules, the rules are executed based on their order. If you use "Disable" instead of "Hide" for the rules does the problem still appear?

Badge +7

Hello Jaap,

I've tried with Panels and without, the only way I could resolve the issue was to reset the form and re-build it, then it seemed to work.

I also changed the size of the canvas and it worked for a while.

Regards

Claire

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

https://community.nintex.com/message/23668?commentID=23668#comment-23668 

See the link above, same issue.   Its frustrating but with some adjusting of the form you should be able to get it to go away (rules do cause this as well).

Badge +6

Hi Mike, thanks for heads up on this, if I read carefully through the posts and see what I have got before I do see 2 weird things happening:

• White spacing for items that are hidden or overlapping ...and
  • Controls moving over each other...

Other users also mentioned a couple of tricks they applied.

So all Together is this the final conclusion today ?

• If you apply controls with rules do position the controls with enough spacing in between
  • Use panels and apply the rules on Panels and not on individual controls
  • Leave your hope and frustration with Nintex to get this solved asap

Regards

Jaap

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Jaap Steenis do you find any from the answers as a solution for your question so that you could mark it as correct? Or have you found a better solution you could share with us?

Regards, Tomasz

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

That about sums it up.  PS:  Some situations will call for you to place rules on individual controls and that's OK as opposed to panels.   However if you start running into issues, you may have to take a closer look at those instances.   I hope to see this fixed in a future release.

Badge +6

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks for the directions and help, indeed using panels individually sorted the main issues.

But like other members also mentioned, it's not a frustration free environment.

Badge +2

Hi,

Also make sure to just IE as the browser. I found lost of inconsistencies when using other browsers.

Badge +7

I had a complete mare with a form over the last couple of days. I was trying to hide fields based on another fields answer. This would work fine but totally broke the way the fields displayed. In the end I had to put each field group next to each other. If I put them underneath it fell part. I tried wrapping them in various frame configs.

So original layout and result....

Revised & result.

A frustrating few hours.

Badge +6

Hi Anthony, thanks for sharing this knowledge. Did you use panels in your design ? 

So in your example managing horizontal will line up Ok ?

Regards

Jaap

Badge +7

No I removed the panels. Sometimes they help sometimes they don't ;)

Badge +6

Thanks Anthony, it's clear that in this situation you had a different design in mind. I think I will make a couple of templates with different purposes to investigate what works best. 

Will be continued :-)