I have a simple process I need help with workflow

• 31 March 2017
  • 8 replies

Need help to do implement this workflow

201373_pastedImage_2.png

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What sort of help do you need jamie riaza‌? Someone to assist you step-by-step in creation of such workflow or you have stuck in one from the steps presented on the diagram?

Generally speaking I can see here a simple form, that is submitted, what triggers a workflow, where the first step is to assign a flexi task to a requester supervisor (you have that supervisor reference in workflow common variables), then the form for supervisor is opened where he approves/ disapproves with the possibility to mark the reason for closure and updeting the item on which the workflow operates (to set status). If approves then another flexi task is created this time for engineering, again - approve/ disapprove as it was in the first place.

If you have no returns, ex. when the task is disapproved push it back to the requester for update, then a simple, straight workflow is sufficient. In other case you should probably think of the state machine.

Regards,

Tomasz

Thank you, I am new and this helps me greatly.  I see State Machine in the Nintex Designer but I think my version is not showing me everything for the Flexi Task 0365.  I really need just someone to walk me through step by step or point me to a Nintex workflow for dummies book.  I am a learner by doing, and sort of caught between what tools are provided to me through work and which ones aren't.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

The help file is pretty useful. http://help.nintex.com/en-US/o365/ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So you are designing your workflow in O365? Then you chose wrong forum  I'm moving it to a right one.

In O365 there is no Flexi Task. You can use either "Assign a task" or "Start a task process" depending on to how many employees you'd like to assign that task.

Regards,

Tomasz

Thank you.. it would just be assigned to one person and either closed or reassigned to one person, who would then accept the work or close the request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Then replace "Flexi Tasks" with "Assign a task" actions and your home. Remember - I'm giving you only a rod, not a fish

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +6

Hi Jamie,

In your case I would suggest you to go with a 3 outcome Assign Flexi - task[TASK OUTCOME] , and put the whole WF under a state machine. 

Ex. Your task outcomes will be your share point status. , Based on the status set buy the WF , change the state of your state machine with the Change state action. 

Please check on these State Machine  & Change State  actions on Nintx WF actions...

Thanks 

Bashya Rajan A

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

‌ I appreciate your efforts, but again - read carefully  This topic is O365 related, no "Flexi tasks". Furthermore - this is a simple, linear process and there is no need to complicate it with a state machine

Regards,

Tomasz