Solved

I have a Nintex List Workflow as a State Machine which utilises 2 Site Workflows.

• 10 July 2018
  • 6 replies

I have a Nintex List Workflow which utilises 2 Site Workflows.  To better control the process I want to create a State Machine in the List Workflow but want one of Set Next States to be in the Site Workflow.  But when I go to add a Set Next State action in the Site Workflow the system will not let me drag and drop.  Does this mean that this functionality is not available or have I made an error in my setup?

icon

Best answer by wooly 11 July 2018, 05:29

View original

6 replies

Badge +9

Hi David,

There shouldn't be anything stopping you from using the Set Next State in a Site Workflow - are you able to add it by clicking on the drop zone and inserting the action?

What browser are you using (including version)

Thanks,

Callum

Thanks Callum

Our company is using IE11.  I have also screenshotted what I see in my List Workflow when I want to add a Set Next State action.  Today I am going redesign the whole workflow and see if I can shift the Site Workflow into the main List Workflow (I maybe defeated as it might exceed the size limitations on the List Workflow).  I will let you know if it works because that may get around this issue although it is a sledgehammer to open a walnut scenario.

Badge +9

Hi David,

Where you are trying to insert the Set Next State action, is that inside of the State Machine parent?

Thanks,

Callum

G'day Callum

Yes it it is in the nested Site Workflow of a List Workflow which I don't think you can do.  I am exploring the option of taking the Site Workflow and building it back into the List Workflow where I know I will be able to use the Set Next State.

cheers

David

Badge +9

Right, so the State Machine is in the List Workflow, and you want to change the state via the Site Workflow?

If you're using Component Workflow, you could set a Output variable of 'State' which is a string, then instead of trying to set the state in the List Workflow using the action, set the Output variable to the state you want to, then terminate the Component Workflow. This will return the State variable to the parent list workflow, which you can then use to change the state machine with.

e.g.

Does this work?

Callum

I am fault finding my new workflow as I have managed to create my site workflow back into my List workflow which means I won't need to do as you suggested.  However I have kept that suggestion to try on my next project.

cheers

David