Solved

I am trying to populate a repeating section with data from a list based on a dropdown

• 3 March 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

My question is around a simple request from the business. We have production resources, processes, and lines.

I have created lists for all and when I am now trying to create a form for them to use to create a Resource plan I am struggling to work out how to populate data in a repeating section automatically when they select a production line.

An example would be: Line 431 has 7 processes, Line 410 has 6 processes.

• The user has the lines in a dropdown on the form and I need to populate a repeating section with the 7 or 6 processes from the processes list when they select it. {showing a mock up below}

Mockup1

Firstly, is this possible using standard Nintex forms? Please advise on this.

Secondly, if not does anyone know of a solution for me possibly?

Thanks,

Paul

icon

Best answer by rhia 3 March 2017, 21:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

May I ask a question before answering -- what is the minimum & maximum number of processes associated with a line?

Badge +6

The maximum currently will be 7. That is the limit currently. To future proof it I would possibly make it 10-15. But for now it is 7.

Regards,

Paul Scyner

Application Services Team Leader

The Glenmorangie Company

Tel: 01506 819135

Mob: 07540 017220

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I'd like to suggest using panels for this instead of repeating sections, based on your requirements.

So for example, let's say you have 10 panels. Each has the same thing in it - a look-up list that filters based on the line selection, and the associated name. I would add another column into your line list that states or counts the number of associated processes, and displays that number.

So if your user selects Line 431 - and that's 7 panels - you can have a rule on panels 8 - 10 that says "if # is equal to or less than 8, hide me" "if # is equal to or less than 9, hide me" etc.

For further information I'd need to know more about how the user is intended to use this form - what are they supplying? What is done with the data?

Badge +6

I like that idea.

The user has to enter a Name and possibly shift data which will be a selection from another list.

Thanks for the info here.

Regards,

Paul Scyner

Application Services Team Leader

The Glenmorangie Company

Tel: 01506 819135

Mob: 07540 017220