How to use REST API GetItems POST query in Nintex Forms for O365?

• 8 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

We are using SharePoint Online with Nintex Forms O365. We are trying to query a SharePoint List from the host web from Nintex Forms O365 but is facing difficulty.

We are using REST API POST query because of a calculated field. Currently, we are facing difficulty  using it because Nintex Forms is located in a separate App Web, resulting in an Access Denied (403) error when trying to access the Host Web URL.

var hostweburl = decodeURIComponent(getQueryStringParameter("SPHostUrl"));    var appweburl = decodeURIComponent(getQueryStringParameter("SPAppWebUrl"));          var viewXml = "<Query><Where><And><And><Geq><FieldRef Name='EndDate_Adjusted' /><Value Type='DateTime'>" + str_startdate + "</Value></Geq><Leq><FieldRef Name='StartDate_Adjusted' /><Value Type='DateTime'>" + str_enddate + "</Value></Leq></And><Eq><FieldRef Name='Workflow_x0020_Status' /><Value Type='Text'>Blocked</Value></Eq></And></Where></Query>";          var queryPayload = {        'query': {            '__metadata': { 'type': 'SP.CamlQuery' },            'ViewXml': viewXml        }    };    var url = appweburl + "/_api/SP.AppContextSite(@target)/web/lists/GetByTitle('Booking Requests')/getitems?@target='" + hostweburl + "'";    var executor = new SP.RequestExecutor(appweburl);    executor.executeAsync(        {            url: url,            method: "POST",            body: JSON.stringify(queryPayload),            headers: {                "Accept": "application/json; odata=verbose",                "content-type": "application/json; odata=verbose",                "X-RequestDigest": NWF$("#__REQUESTDIGEST").val()            },            success: function (data) {                var jsonobj = JSON.parse(data.body);                var results = jsonobj.d.results;                                for (var i = 0; i < results.length; i++){                    blocked.push({ID: results[i].ID});                   }                                deferred.resolve(Boolean(valid));            },            error: function (data) {                console.error(data);                deferred.reject(Boolean(valid));            }        }    );

We cannot use GET request because EndDate_Adjusted and StartDate_Adjusted are calculated fields, which $filter does not support.

We cannot get / fill-in the correct RequestDigest because querying /api/_contextinfo would also need a POST query, which results in Access Denied as well.

What are the options that we can use / do in order to use REST API POST query?

Thank you

3 replies

Badge +17

I see what you are trying to do, but why? What are you trying to get items on a form?

You can use list lookup control, a prepopulated dropdown control, or javascript. But again its difficult to help without know what you're really after. 

We are doing a custom display and post processing of the items. 

We have solved it by using JSOM instead of REST.

Badge +2
Hi lalcabasa, could you share your code? Thanks!